Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04s installed ...now what?

palani_aravazhi
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

Greetings. I just installed the NW04s on a laptop and excited to see the Demo Webdynpro showing up.

But we also want to test the integrated ITS, BSP etc. When we tried soem of those services we got one or more errors. Obviously there are some basic configuration needs to be done on the fresh NSP install.

I would greatly appreciate any input from the fellow SDNers who have been there and done it.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

you have to enable the Services via Transaction SICF.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dirk_feeken
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

BSPs should work directly in your NW2004s. Maybe you need several attempts before everything is compiled. On smaller boxes the 60 second timelimit is not sufficient to compile all the BSP framework stuff.

For the ITS we forgot to publish the ITS services in the NSP master (sorry!). See

in the SDN Downloads forum, how to publish the necessary services.

Dirk

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out this weblog for ITS

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-its-webgui-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

Regards

Raja

palani_aravazhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your reply. I am able to activate and run WebGUI and the BSPs.

I needed to create a new logical system and did publish the ITS & BSP services as mentioned in Raja' weblog.

Regards,

PK

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i didnt mention anything about logical systems in my weblog.

you only need "publishing" in ITS context, there is nothing called publishing in BSP .

What exactly you are looking for?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say, I also used your another blog on setting up BSP application.

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-bsp-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

We are developing some custom PC UI applications and wanted to run the sample PC UI sample applications to see the latest Floor plan design. Some of them dumped in the middle with an error messgae 'No logical system' is available. For that I needed to create a Logical system.

Once again, your Weblogs were very helpful.

Regards,

PK

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for the clarification.

all the best.

Regards

Raja

if the question is answered, mark it so