cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe offline form submission without HTTP or SMTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adobe Gurus,

Can offline Adobe forms can be submitted without uploading the form to a webdynpro application(HTTP) or sending an email(SMTP). In crude terms, if I have a PDF form with submit button. Can I open the PDF, click on the submit button and get the PDF form submitted. Please let me know your thoughts here and also what do you think is the best option to integrate the Offline PDF forms into SAP system.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also submit the form with SOAP which works quite nicely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor,

Can you please throw some light on this approach and provide me any documentation that you have to achieve my goal.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I guess you would be using a RFC or BAPI exposed as a web service.

Then this document should show you how to bind this to your interactive form.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6bdee46d-0901-0010-7a9a-b3595d441fbf]

Hope that helps!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand weel you want to send back the form to SAP in an offline scenario without using SMTP or HTTP(S) , that's right ?

There are 3 solutions for send back the form to SAP :

1 - HTTP(S)

2 - SMTP with an inbound processing define in SAP system

3 - Upload directly into SAP.

To upload data in SAP system you have to convert the Adobe forms into IXML data and then process the XML to extract data ...when it's finised you have to call a BAPI for updating data.

Have a look here, you will find information on SMTP Flow .... [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/snippets/sampleCodeforprocessingInboundMailwithAdobeInteractive+Forms]

Hope this help you.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bertrand,

Thank you very much for your detailed post. If I want my form to be submitted, when I open the Adobe form on my desktop and click a button on the stand alone PDF, does it come into your solution# 1(HTTP) ? Do you have any suggestions how I can achieve it programatically.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

In the sample i give you the form is send back to SAP with an e-mail . I never done it with HTTP flow sorry.

Tel me if you need more on SMTP flow for inbound mail processing.

Regards