cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of days in Target Range of Coverage Profile

matthew_hunt
Explorer
0 Kudos

I created a range of coverage profile to use for dynamic safety stock... I set my period indicator to 'M' for months... however it appears that the system calculates my average daily requirement and then multiplies that by my target, min, and max. the field for target, min, max is a two character field, so does this mean that i can not exceed a target of 99 days of supply?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

matthew_hunt
Explorer
0 Kudos

I sent a message to SAP and got a reply back that they are aware the field length in the range of coverage is 2 characters but that development was not going to change it any time soon.

matthew_hunt
Explorer
0 Kudos

My period indicator is set to "M", and when the system calculates my average daily usage it does base the calculation on monthly periods. However when MRP is executed it calculates my target safety stock level by multiplying the avg. daily requirement and the target range of coverage (avg.daily req. X target DOS). What this means is if i want to keep 3 months of safety stock, in the profile i have to put '90' in as my target range of coverage, rather than '3'.

Therefore, because the field is only 2 characters you can't have more than 99 days of supply... correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes because you have period indicator is M.