cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Threads - Possible Close Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

I welcome the changes on the SDN as it will definitely improve the user experience. I always try to close my threads that are either answered by some SDNer or I found the solution myself. But I can't close a thread as answered if I didn't find the solution. Though this is not a problem to me as of now, I feel that I can try to give suggestions on this topic since the number of open threads per user is set to the maximum limit of 10. 10 is a very good number, so no complaints on that! The user should be able to have an intermediate state between answered and unanswered. When user chooses this intermediate state, he/she must update the thread with the current state. This will help the user to post more than 10 especially when the unanswered posts have been very old. Or am I missing the essence of the maximum limit here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or am I missing the essence of the maximum limit here?

I guess you are...Simply put...People don't like to close their thread even when the answer had being given...I can understand your concern, because of course, sometimes there's no suitable answer and you just can't go a close the question....But the main problem here is...How do we know if the question hasn't being closed because of that? There are too many point gamers out there that take any chance to cheat the system...We can't let that happen -:(

Greetings,

Blag.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the responses from the moderators!

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think 10 is quite a generous number to leave a few questions open for a while. But after [a year or two|; your probabilities become pretty low.

Even then you can always add a note that it is closed unanswered (and you can always reopen a question).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. As mentioned in my post, I agree that 10 is a very good number and no complaints against that! As you said, the thread lead should close the thread with a message "unanswered" and mark it answered. But I am sure there will be few disappointed faces to see the thread unanswered whereas has the "answered" star against it! But I guess that's a small price to pay considering the big picture. Thanks again!

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I am sure there will be few disappointed faces to see the thread unanswered whereas has the "answered" star against it! But I guess that's a small price to pay considering the big picture. Thanks again!

Sadly...We can't get everybody happy -:(

Greetings,

Blag.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah but think about all the happy faces of those who see it and know the answer