cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When We Reply to a Thread, is it Possible to See the Entire Thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have searched whether there was any relevant thread regarding this, but to my surprise I couldn't find any.

When one decides to reply to a thread, one has to click on "reply" on one of the posts on the thread. On the next screen, only that post is displayed instead of the entire thread. Most of the times I find that there are multiple posts to a thread and it is difficult to respond/refer to all the posts as only one post is displayed in the reply. I have a hunch that many people will find this as useful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just above the reply, there's a link to the message. Right-click->open in new tab/window.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or you copy the whole thread with all message bodies, headers, registered on... etc before and insert all of it into the reply message body.... and then use the > to "comment" that which you want to keep and indicate each time the user post changes by adding an @ Sameer... before commenting further on the next post.

Eg:

@Sameer Nath

>Posts: 163

>Registered: 6/30/05

>Forum Points: 6

>

> When We Reply to a Thread, is it Possible to See the Entire Thread

>Posted: Jul 25, 2008 3:51 PM E-mail this message Reply

>

>I have searched whether there was any relevant thread regarding this, but to my surprise I couldn't find any.

Searching is not enough, sometimes you also need to think outside the screen a little bit.

>When one decides to reply to a thread, one has to click on "reply" on one of the posts on the thread.

You don't have to. You can also ignore it (particularly if in breaks any of the rules, then this option is advisable).

>On the next screen, only that post is displayed instead of the entire thread.

That is because you are replying to "the question" or "one of the answers".

>Most of the times I find that there are multiple posts to a thread and it is difficult to respond/refer to all the posts as only one post is displayed in the reply.

It is now.

>I have a hunch that many people will find this as useful.

Never used it myself until now. But it is nice to know

@Mike Pokraka

>

>Posts: 1,451

>Registered: 8/4/04

>Forum Points: 2,868

>

> Re: When We Reply to a Thread, is it Possible to See the Entire Thread

>Posted: Jul 25, 2008 4:45 PM in response to: Sameer Nath E-mail this message Reply

>

>Just above the reply, there's a link to the message. Right-click->open in new tab/window.

Nice one, but then you have 2 sessions open. Having 17 open already for all the web apps we have to use now-a-days...

@Shyamal Joshi

>the best thing you can do is what Mike has suggested.

>

>But other than that, you should click at REPLY to that particular answer/question conversation against >which you are answering.

Yes, I normally do it like that as well.

>That particular conversation will be displayed, you just need to scroll down.

Either that, or click the '' button in the task bar - which inserts the text body responded to with formatting set to "comments" for you, but only for that one post.

>regards,

>shyamal

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is always interesting to read your comments in CC and threads you moderate. Keep rocking!!

>>You don't have to. You can also ignore it (particularly if in breaks any of the rules, then this option is advisable).

F a n t a s t i c ! ! !

Former Member
0 Kudos

the best thing you can do is what Mike has suggested.

But other than that, you should click at REPLY to that particular answer/question conversation against which you are answering. That particular conversation will be displayed, you just need to scroll down.

regards,

shyamal