Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender not determined.....webservice.................idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The scenario I am dealing with is like this:

We are gonna create a wsdl and expose that as a webservice

The client has a process that sends the data to my webservice,to the url of my webservice (behind that some process is there not applicable to XI).So here I need to have a SOAP channel as a reciever as I guess and this data to be sent to a idoc.That also a reciever,Then what can be the sender of the scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhishek,

In your case you need to publish the web services which will be consumed by the client. and the communincation channel be of type sender SOAP.allwyas remember the thum rule is that who consume the web service will start the proces. so your client will start sending the data.

regards,

navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Webservice will send data to XI using SOAP sender adapter.

Xi will conver data in IDOC format & will send it to SAP system using Receiver IDOC adapter.

Import WSDL of webservice in External Definitions n give some name say Z_Webservice_WSDL ( No need to create source Data Type & Message Type).

Import IDOC structure(No need to create source Data Type & Message Type & Interface)

Now create Outbound Interface for Z_Webservice_WSDL say OB_Webservice

Do Message Mapping between Z_Webservice_WSDL & IDOC.

& then do Interface Mapping.

Source Interface OB_Webservice & Target Interface will be ur IDOC

Then select respective Message Mapping.

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Boss,

Its understood that what to do when we use webservice as a sender.But now my concern is I am going to get the data from other system into the webservice,I am not in

a position to trigger any webservice so how can SOAP be the sender?please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sender is soap in your case and receiver is idoc. Sender is always a party in XI that starts the communication.

sender communication chanel translates from external protocol to xi protocol

receiver communication chanel translates from xi protocol to external protocol

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boss,

But I am gonna get the data sent by another process and accept it in my end point url.So how can SOAP be asender?please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

remember to put a correct interface namespace and interface name that's very important for sender commmunication channel.

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boss,

I am not going to trigger the webservice from my side,I just get the processed data into my webservice url,so that case how can my webservice(SOAP adapter) be the sender of the scenario.please clarify