cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing WAS 6.40 on my windows XP m/c. The installation is failing just after few seconds of launching installation wizard with the following error.

"MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges 'SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege' to account 'MDCPROJ\arun.kumar' on host '.'. "

At this point, i have not even mentioned the path @ which i want WAS to be installed.

Note: Some where, i read that there should not be any space in the directory name..like 'Program Files'. But my program files directory has space in it, which i cannot modify as I have installed lot of other softwares. Would this be a cause of error? If yes, how could i change the destination directory before even the installation starts.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I got it solved with the below steps pls check this [Thread|]. Just google how to enable/activate server service in win server.

dham we can rid form this .... good luck

Regards,

S.Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I faced the similar problem during ECC 6.0 Installation with Windows 2003 Server and Oracle as Database. I found the same Error: Unable to ADD Priviiliges, inspite of having Administrator Priviliges.

Solution: I followed the solution given mby Mr.Arun Kumar. I started the "SEVER" service in ( services.msc) Go to Start> Run>?type>services.msc->SERVER---> Rt Click and START.

During Installation i got stuck at OS users privileges. I saw the logs and found that Workstation Service has not been Started. I started ( services.msc) and the issue got resolved.

thanks all you people

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

please check the following prerequisites:

1. You have Administrator rights installing.

2. The target drive and system drive must both use the NTFS filesystem.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I am one of the administrators in my m/c. This gives me enough privileges.

Infact, I added rights for the req privileges ('SeTcbPrivilege, SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege, SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege') in group policy (using gpedit.msc). But still i am getting the same error of 'Unable to add privilege'. I am not able to understand, y the application is trying to add privilege when it already exists?.

Saying all this, I still suspect my administrator rights in the system. I feel, this error is occuring when the application tries to modify 'User Rights' (should be secsetup.inf). Do we need to give any additional rights for an application to modify the Group policy?

Thanks for ur suggestion Stefan.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

the installation follows a "trial and error" procedure, if the privileges exist already, it will say something like "nothing to do, since user xx already has...". But first it tries to grant them, so your thoughts regarding non sufficient user administrator rights may be correct.

BTW, the installation will also create users, so if you're going to change your role, think about that already.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I got that problem fixed. It was not because of the privileges of the user as we thought, but because of one service not started up. I started the 'server' service and made it 'automatic'. Then it proceeded further with the installation.

FYI: I again faced one similar problem during the further installation (while modifying the OS account users). This time system showed some curtosy towards us and the problem was straight forward. It was due to lack of privileges. Then i granted 'Back up files and directories' user rights, which fixed the prob.

Thanks for your support Stefan.

Cheers,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you list how you "started the 'server' service"?

I am having the same issue now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damina,

I had this problem for 2 weeks, but my server was named S-0002 so the installation stops every time.

So I've open a SAP Net Call to solve the problem, after a while I've found the error in my installation. The name of the server was the problem the servername S- is a bug. The inst interpret the Server as uid of the operating system. I change the servername to S0002 an all was fine.

SAP creats a SAP Note 998631 - Error 1337 (The security ID structure is invalid.)

Hope is helps.

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

start the windows service "server",the problem is ok!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faychen ,

Could you please mention in detail the steps to start this service . Even i am facing similar issues .

Regrads

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imn Windows :

Go to start - Run - then type -- services.msc

here you will get the list of all the services installed in Server..search for Server

right click on the service and then start.

Regards,

Rohit