cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Exchange interfacing to ECC 6.0 - Need Technical Documentation

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We will soon migrate from Novell Groupwise to Microsoft Exchange.

We currently do use SMTP configurations in ECC 6.0

I am looking for a couple of things (I've searched the SAP Marketplace and Microsoft) for Technical and white papers supporting and providing evidence for this. None to be found

I know IT IS supported, I know there are connectors to be configured, I just wanted the printed evidence now.

Thank You All

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ERP 6.0 has an SMTP interface so you don't need to install anything on the exchange. Just allow the machine to relay through the exchange server.

The Exchange connectors are for older SAP releases which don't have ICM (and hence SMTP).

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

So what You're saying is that the configuration we currently have set up to the novell mail server will remain in place once we switch over to exhange?

minding the exchange domain name and ip address etc... of course

maria

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

As well, are you aware of any white papers or documentation I can refer to?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use now the SMTP adapter in transaction SCOT - yes.

Check note 552616 - FAQ: SAPoffice - Sending to external recipients

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2b/d927734b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Markus

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Double click the SMTP node and make sure the check box "Node in use" is checked.

-RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> So what You're saying is that the configuration we currently have set up to the novell mail server will remain in place once we switch over to exhange?

>

> minding the exchange domain name and ip address etc... of course

>

> maria

That's exactly right. SMTP is a standard protocol for emails. So it doesn't matter if SAP is talking to MS Exchange or some other email application.

Also, you won't find any white paper on this, because since the protocol between SAP and the email app it's talking to is standardized, as long as the mail application is SMTP (which it should be, otherwise I would just laugh very hard at it) you should be fine.

Edited by: Kevin on Jul 31, 2008 11:37 AM

Answers (0)