cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup security in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing SAP MDM but I couldnt understand the security features for MDM, how could someone eliminate authorizations in MDM or in other words control the whole MDM data base.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mansoor,

Security in <b>MDM 5.5</b> is handled using Console. Here, you can create Roles and Users. Roles can be set at table and field level also ("WRITE" and "READ-ONLY"). You can find additional information in Console Reference guide which is available in Service Market Place.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, I understand that these are the only features to setup security in MDM but there is an issue, could you emphasise on that please:

"Unable to restrict edit/delete access to records by product line. Would like to be able to restrict users’ ability to edit/delete records outside their product line, while still giving them the ability to view all records in read-only mode."

Thanks,

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansoor,

I am not sure from where you are referring to the text you mentioned: But, in MDM 5.5, for every role, you can also set functions. That means, you can specify whether the role is permitted to do operations : "Add Records", "Modify Records", "Delete Records", "Merge Records" etc.

This is done by selecting the "Functions" tab under "Roles" in Console.

Regards,

Rajani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansoor:

to achieve your restriction of access to delete/modify only specific product lines and view the entire product line you can use Masks to carve out the repository and restrict on these masks by user role and authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't the usage of Masks in-appropriate and very cumbersome to achieve this ? I tough that MASKS are not dynamic : if a new record got added that would 'meet' the original mask selection criteria, then the user would not be able to see the new record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find details in a document at Service market place site. Follow link given below:

(https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/instguides and follow path as SAP NetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Operations -> "MDM5.5 SP03 - Console Reference Guide" (Page 141 onwards).