cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup Signals - Alternative uses?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I pose an interesting situation, I hope that you can help.

I would like to use a query-fed table, that you can select rows off of. And based off of the selection, I would like the value to be fed into a table that is on the other side of a popup signal.

So basically, user selects a row on a table, and a new table pops up, giving a more detailed query to look at, based off of the selected row.

I am able to create a stand-alone query/table relationship within a popup signal, but what I really need to do is pass the input from the table, outside of the popup signal, into it to feed data into that popup table.

Any detailed thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look for same post within SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Are you still looking for the answer? If yes can you please let me know that the table in pop-up 1 is that a model containing the table or just the table?

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmi,

The Popup signal, itself, seems to be a different type of iView. I've actually been able to build queries, tables, and charts in that popup-iView, but I can not seem to find a way to feed data into it, short of using a submit button (as opposed to the desired, "select" action).

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can you please attacht the design of your model to understand better?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unaware of any way to attach documents to threads, and some of the information is sensitive to my company, anyway. But, I can give you a link to the document that helped me significantly.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/63f2052e-0c01-0010-b9a2-e1f7457a...

With this document, I was able to nearly get my solution in about 2-3 hours. My recommendations is to actually build a base model, similar to the example in the document. Only, instead, use a piece of a model that you have built before, and are pretty familiar with. There is a section that describes popups in a very detailed way, apply those exact steps to your new sandbox-model

My last recommendation: have fun with it. I enjoyed the few hours of development that I spent on it, and learned a great deal about the topic.

I hope that I have helped you with this endeavor. Best of luck.

~Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You have totally confused me....

1. The link you send me is of VC 7.0, Are you working on VC 7.0 or VC 7.1 ? If VC 7.0 you are asking question in the wrong forum.

2. I was going to help you with solution, but form your post it looks you are offering me help......Do you require the solution or not? I can help you if you are working with VC 7.1.

Let me know.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misunderstood your last post.

And, as it would seem, it appears that I am in the wrong forum. I actually am using 7.0.

At any rate, I appreciate your efforts in working with me, despite this.

Thanks.

~Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a data store to store your parameters upon the select action from the primary table

Regards,

Ahmed Salah