cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship to Party in Prospective Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am facing problem with Prospective Customer. In account group 0005 there is no Ship to, Bill to and Payer as partner.

which is logical in this scenario.

But when I create a sales document it asks for a Ship to party in the initial screen and does not let me go further.

My doubt is how would I bring Ship to party here for this Propective customer.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The account group needs to be changed before you process any sales documents.

For sales activies you do not require the ship to be entered.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Before you create sales order convert prospect into customer by changing account group in XD07.

As you want to create sales order for customer, He is no more prospective customer, He is actual customer to business.

Thank you

ANil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Many thanks for the reply.

Can you suggets a subsitute of Prospective customer in Quotation and Inquiry as that time we do not have a firm requirement as my Client does not want to create a regular customer.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

prospective customer is used for sales activity purpose.he is a Lead and not our regular customer.if he agrees to do business with us then we have to convert hiim as our regular customer..

he is not eligible to raise a sales order.

u should go to XD07.then change the account group of prospective customer in to 0001 sold to party account group..now, u can give all the required details of this customer and u can do sales orders with him...

if u want to do sales order from sales activity screen go to VC01n and from there also u can go to VA01. but,the account group should be changed first..

hope this will solve ur issue..

reward points if helpful..

regards..

yogi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Many thanks for your reply. I was planning to use Propsective customer for Quotation and Inquiry generation..

Can you suggets a subsitute of Prospective customer in Quotation and Inquiry as that time we do not have a firm requirement as my Client does not want to create a regular customer.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neeraj,

as i told u earlier, u cannot do inquiry or quotation or order with prospective customer..u only can do Sales Activity with him..

This is a special feature available in SD which is similar to Lead Management in CRM. Lead (Prospective Customer) make a phone call or mail you. If he agrees to do business with you, then you can treat him as a Regular Customer.

Use: By following this process, you can create a sales activity called Computer Aided Selling.

Procedure: To define a Sales Activity you should follow the below mentioned SAP Menu path.

1. Create Customer under u201CProspective Customeru201D Account Group (Account Group-0005) by using Transaction Code XD01

2. Create a Contact Person for this customer by using Transaction Code VAP1

3. Go to Sales Activity screen by using Transaction Code VC01N

4. Enter type of Sales Activity

5. Enter your Prospective Customer, Contact Person, Sales Summary and other details.

IF THE CUSTOMER AGREES TO DO BUSINESS WITH US,THEN U HAVE TO CONVERT HIM AS A REGULAR CUSTOMER. then u can raise inquiry,quotation or sales order from that sales activity itself (from VC01N)..then u can see the sales summary of that customer also..

hope it helps..

reward points if helpful..

regards..

yogi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi

Your reply means that Inquiry or Quotation can only be created with REGULAR Customer.

Creating customer needs authorisation and is only with limited people. This seems complicated in day to day routine to create a customer with all authorisation procedure control only to create a one time Inquiry which may not be convetred to an Order.

What I am looking for is some user friendly option to create Inquiry or Quotation rather than Regular Customer.

Thanks for your valuable inputs in advance.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neeraj,

if ur requirement is like that u can perform inquiry,quotation or order with ONE TIME CUSTOMER. create one time customer with account group CPD .u need not give more details for him.But, the data of onetime customer will remain at sales document level only..it will not be maintained in master records.whenever u want, u can change his account group to sold to party by using XD07 transaction..

hope ur doubt is clarified..

regards..

Yogi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi

We are using one time customer as Cash Customer. One time cutsomer is not created repeatedly but only once. So at the timeof Sales Order creation it asks for address to be filled.

Hence the same customer no.is utilized multiple times with different name and address.

If I change its account group to Regular customer I will have to create a new one for next time.

In that case we will miss the concept of One time customer which keeps data only at Sales doc level as no need to create master record again.

Regards,