cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different payment terms !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a standard flow of sales order, delivery and invoice where in the payment terms are automatically determined as say NL83.

But when i created a credit memo with reference to the standard invoice type ZF2 , paymant terms determined automatically are different say NL30.

Since payment terms are normally determined from the customer master (it is NL83 only)

Please let me know the reason behind having 2 different payment terms ?

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The payment terms are available in customer master in company code data and sales area data billing tab.

the company code data payment terms are applicable when any transaction relevant to the company say credit management.

the sales area data payment terms are applicable when we do the sales direct transactions.

when credit memo and debit memo are created the payments are taken from the company code.

Please see the payment terms maintained in the company code data.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for replying !

But there is no difference in the payment terms in the customer master in the company code data as well as at the Sales area data level. Both are the same.

Also payment are getting determined automatically.

In standard invoice (type ZF2 )as NL83 and in the credit memo request (which is created with reference to that invoice) as NL30.

So what may be the problem ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to change mode of the sales order or the billing document , select envirnoment and changes,

given the sales order number. and click generate ,

with this above we can find that the changes are done in the sales order.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is really strange. However, as suggested b others, check whether payment terms have been changed manually n Sales Order. If not, I would recommend that debug the same to get the root cause of the same.

However, payment terms should be irrelevant in the case of credit memo, as it is to be give by to customer form the company.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though payment terms gets defaulted from Customer master but please check the same for in Sale order as i am sure it has been changed at the time of order creation that is why a different payment term is appearing in billing.