cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Records and Case Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need all the available information pertaining to the pre-requisites/technical requirements/software installations/authorizations to start working with RCM (part of Application platform of Netweaver).

With the help of all sap search sites i understand that the following are needed.

1) Web Application Server (r/3 or ECC systems)

2) GUI (SAP Logon Pad)

3) SAP Content Server ...(wat is its role??)

4) TREX Server ...(wat is its purpose??)

Can 3 and 4 be accessed with the GUI...(slightly confused about these)

As per my knowledge i understand these are needed..In addition to these wat other software and authorizations would be needed.

Can any one brief the purpose/roles of ArchiveLink , Knowledge Provider , SAP Business WorkFlow (webflow) in RCM

What other SAP Netweaver Components would one require.Also is XI or EP used in RCM ???

Kindly explain them rather than just providing links

Points will be awarded

Thanks & Regards,

Deepika K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As entry I would use http://service.sap.com/recordsmanagement

> Kindly explain them rather than just providing links

Why should someone write everything down here again when it's available on the net? If you want all that information collected in a PDF document for your purpose then you should buy a consultant and pay him for doing so.

> 3) SAP Content Server ...(wat is its role??)

It stores the documents - it's basically an HTTP server with a database backend.

4) TREX Server ...(wat is its purpose??)

It's used to index and search the documents.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Markus,

I know everything is available in market place and help.sap.com.

I shud hav probably highlighted the thing that whether

- WAS and GUI will these 2 alone do, to work with RCM or is it advisable to go for the Content server and Trex. Apart from these is any other software required??

Also how are the content server and trex accessed through.

In addition wat authorizations would be needed. And these things are not clearly specified ne where.

- Also at ne point will XI and EP also be needed.

Regards,

Deepika K