cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I restore SAP GUI patch level 5 from Patch level 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I updated SAP GUI 710 from patch level 5 to level 7, is it possible to revert this change to patch level 5 again, as our business requirement is only patch level 5.

How to restore it back?

Also, what changes made by SAP in patch level 7 from 5, 3 etc?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete SAPGUI, install new ,and patch to 5 level.

About changes press on "info" in SWDC where this file are presented for download.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but is there some other option as I dont want to reinstall SAP GUI again.

Also, plz tell me basic difference made in patch 7 compare to patch 5 or 3 etc.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I mean: we do not change the functionality from one patch to another. So I don't see a risk to have some PCs on patch 5 and some on patch 7

Regards, Martin

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

so from SAPGUI installation point of view there is no was to go back.

Only uninstall and reinstall a newer version.

Sure, you can backup whole PCs and restore old backups, but I guess you haven't done that.

But how high is the risk of having 2 different Patches installed in the landscape? We only do bugfixing - functionality to run the transaction does not change....

Regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure of the risk involved and how it will effect?

At the moment, I am using patch 7 on test basis, let see how it will work.

I did not get """"We only do bugfixing - functionality to run the transaction does not change...."" this...

cheers and thanks again.

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi "SAP techi",

unfortunately there is no other way than de-install and re-install if you want to go back in patches.

The differences between the patches are listed in the info file for the patches.

Question is: why do you want to go back from patch 7 to patch 5? As the patches are cumulative you will have all corrections from patch 5 in 7 and lots more? Why don't you want to have the corrections made in patch 6 and 7?

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thanks for answering my queries.

Reason for going back to patch 5 is to maintain all client of production system at one level.

Certainly using higer patch level will also includes all functionalities of lower level.

But, did someone try to load patch 5 on patch 7, does it work?

Becoz, I am in production, so not in very good position to take this risk.

What you ppl say?

There should be some way to restore your GUI to back date, is it!, like one we do to restore our windows machine.