cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in MDIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers!!

I am facing a strange problem while importing records automaticclly. Our middleware guys are placing a file in the inbound ready folder and just after placing it throws a structural error and the logs shows fatal error in some line. Each time log shows a different line. Also If I place the same file manualy MDM is able to pick the file without any error. By manually I mean to say manually placing it in inbound ready folder and not importing it manually with import manager.

Does anybody has any idea for this?

Thanks & regards

Dilmit Chadha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about an xml? Did you check the header line of the automatically created files? Could it be the case that there is a kind of automatic update inserted which screws up your xml structure of the file so that the MDMIS cannot map it to the correct structure?

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys

My issuse is already resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilimit,

please check the XSD for which you are importing the xml file.We have experienced earlier similar issue when the file goes into structurex log folder after failing to import. Also as the file is much bigger you can increase the processing time in mdis.ini file.

Regards

Biswanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

IT is possible that a source file can be too large to be opened in the Import Manager. In this case, create a new source file using a sample (5% - 10%) of the original file records. Connect the Import Manager to this smaller file and use it to create the import map for the larger file.

Hope this will work.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check SAP Note 1243903 which mentions that large files can cause problems if import server starts to process them before they are fully written to the folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more option is to increase the processing time in MDIS.ini file so that the file gets copied fully &

then it is picked by Import server.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

we've experienced also structural errors with big files. Try to reduce the chunk size in the mds.ini. This was working in our case

Rgds.

Jutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

Kindly check a couple of things due to which there could be a problem:

- Carefully check the two XML(the one posted by the middleware directly and the one placed manually by you) line by line to see if there are any discrepancies in both.it could be possible that when the middleware is posting the xml in the inbound ready folder there ares ome lines or tags added due to which a structural exceptions occures.

- Verify to see if any value mapping is missing in the map you are using.

- Lastly do check to see the order of the fields in the source xml posted by them is same as per the schema.if there are any fields added in the xml manually which are not in order as per the schema then the xml will fail to parse.

Hope It Helped,

Kindly Reward Points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

By placing a file manually I meant that I am placing the same file all over again. Just copying it and placing in ready folder. But my problem is solved a bit as I have figured out what was the reason MDM was not able to pick the file. The file size which is FTPed is quiet big and before the time its been written completly in ready folder MDM was reading it. So I have increased the time interval in MDIS.

But this has not solved my problem completely.Sometimes it still gives the error as MDM keeps polling after that time interval and if a file is kept just 5 sec before MDM is going to poll then the same structural exception comes. Has anybody faced this problem

Thanks in advance

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

Please check the XSD structure defined for your port.

Create the XSD structure from the XML provioded by the middleware.

As per your error it refers to structural error.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you tried manually did u drop the same file generated from middleware ? if not compare the xml files the one u tried manually and the one generated from middleware.

Also try chaging the "File threshold count" property for inbound folder. Clear all exception folders (Main excption / Structural exception folders).

Regards,

Amol