cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply network collaboration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can anyone explain me what is the significance of gATP in SNC module ? In the help document it is written that gATP is optional required component for SNC. Please let me know where gATP is being used in SNC processes.

Moreover is the any link in SNC and SPP ( service parts planning ) module ?

Thanks for your help.

rgds.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GATP is used to do order promising based on firm or unconfirmed set of supplies. SNC module is highly relevant for PO (purch order) intensive business processes. The module helps you do detail execution level tracking of receipts. The estimated time of arrival of these receipts can be used to do order promising. So GATP and SNC can be tightly linked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But I need the information in more details. Based on my knowledge GATP is used for Sales order processing only , is it also used for purchase order process ?

Please correct my understandung that The receipts in SNC is used for order processing which is executing in CRM. The receipts of SNC is transferred in GATP via interface.

Please correct it if i am wrong.

rgds,

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IN GATP configuration, if you go to IMG and see scope of check, you will find that order categories are used for defining the supply available. These order categories could be stock in hand, intransit or purchase orders. The available supply defined in scope of check in SPRO will then be used for doing ATP check. Thus imagine a situation where a plant does not have stock on hand, and there is a demand at a DC. The plant will procure raw materials through purchase orders and complete the finished product and make the stock available at DC say within 10 days. So a sales order at a DC can be confirmed with a material availability date of 10 days. In this case you can see that a purchase order played a role in doing ATP check.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Supply Network Collaboration(SNC) is for collaborating with Suppliers using SCM component SNC where as GATP is for your internal planning. What I mean to say is SNC contains applications which are accessed by Suppliers(using web UI) and SNC don't need GATP for any of it's processes. Please check the following link for more detailed information about SNC.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc2007/helpdata/EN/b4/f20483605b0d4fa856354a986e900d/frameset.htm