cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 7.0: Could not find users when adding to hierarchy groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SAP NW Administrator/Mobile Infrastructure, I am trying to create a hierarchy grouping for a set of users.

I have checked that users already exist when I went to the identity management. I even created new users from the SAP system and see it appeared in the Identity Management of the SAP NW Administrator.

But when trying to add users in the Hierarchy Grouping, I could not find any users. I already used the search function using space or asterisk, but it did not find any. So I cannot add any user in the hierarchy.

Anybody, please explain what have been missed, what to check and how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Robert Velasco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what SP level are you on?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

We are on SP Level 14.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this should work as per my knowledge. Let me check on our system please.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your attention to this.

Actually, I found an OSS Note 966867. But this one talks about returning everything. And this one is in SP17. In my case w/c is on SP14, it is returning nothing although new users have been created already. Will try to apply this note and will see what happens.

Meanwhile, yours is on which SP level? And what do you get when you try to search for Unassigned Users when creating Hierarchy Grouping? Are you getting list of users which are not assigned to any device yet? If so, do you see newly created users there? When creating new users do we need to set some indicators in the profile like the type of user, user group, and so on so that they will make it in this list of unassigned users? Do you create users in SU01 or at the SAP NW Admin, or does it matter?

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked it on my SP and it was working. But we are on SP16 and we will go to the most actual SP now. The problem is: there is an ongoing development in that area and so it is recommended to be on pretty much the latest SP level to have a working solution. Even MI is on the market for a while now, this NWA is not that ld and could have some issues in the older versions. Is it possible for you to go to the latest SP wth the server?

Regards,

Oliver