Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE - general advice needed.

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings.

Story so far:

I've decided that I need to convert an authorization field to org. level field. I've read the relevant SAPnote 323817 and have made a list of all roles that contain the auth. object with the field I intend to convert and will, subsequently, review these roles for discrepancies after I've converted the field. I know it is not, by far, the best practice to do this after the system has went live but I really don't see any other options.

I'd be thankful if the resident experts would share some of their experience with PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE. Is there anything else I should be aware of beyond what is written in the aforementioned SAPnote? What are the common pitfalls?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martinsh,

Please refer the note 75483 too.

Regards,

Srihari

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martinsh,

Please refer the note 75483 too.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Kudos

You probably meant 754836. I checked and we already have this note in our system.

0 Kudos

Yes,

Sorry for the missing '6'

Hey, if you encounter any further issue(s), please keep posted.

Regards,

Srihari

PS: I hope you have already referred the note [724896|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0000724896]

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Jul 25, 2008 3:43 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also considering creating an organisational level post go-live. Should this program be run in development and the org level and roles re-transported or is it recommended to run the program in each system?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Martyn,

I usually run in each system followed by a transport of all roles.

If you have 500 roles then no problem. 50,000 roles will take a bit more planning..........

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex.

p_gray
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I noticed this creates local transports in the Sandbox that I'm experimenting in. Should those local transports then be tied to customizable transports and transported across the landscape, or should the local transports stay where they are? Does this have any affect on PFCG or SU25, when this is not a new SAP Installation? We have had ECC for many years. It is just now that we have decided to elevate the CLASS field to org level. I'd like to know all the gotchas, before I go any further from the Sandbox.