cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read the content of a file attached to a document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to read the content of the file attached to the document and send in the body of the email. The original get stored in the KPRO server. Can anyone suggest how can i read the content of the file stored in the KPRO server. HTTp is used to save the file in KPRO server.

thanks

Papiya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Papiya,

if I got your problem correctly you are looking for some report to get the originals files from the content server and then send it via e-mail?

In this case the report DMS_KPRO_READ may be useful for you. You can start this report in transaction SE38. You just need to enter the document data and then all attached originals will be listed with the corresponding PHIO- and LOIO-ID. Further there is also a small grenn download button to get this file on your PC.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I could already download the file using the function module SCMS_DOC_READ_FILES . However , I am not able to attach it to an email. I though of reading the content and then creating a file of my own and then attaching it.Another constraint is the files can be of JPG as well as GIF. Any suggestion regarding this?

Answers (0)