cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Content: Difference between Articles, Products and Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

what is exactly the difference between the repositories of the business content for

- Articles

- Products and

- Material?

In which business cases do I have to choose which repository? Maybe articles for retail, material for manufacturing, etc.?

When I am using business content repositories is there any kind of (customizing) data that is necessary in more than one repository (e.g. plants, units, etc.) so that it has to be maintained twice in two different repositories?

Thanks for your answers. Of course helpful answers will be rewarded.

BR, bd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI bd,

Please, update the thread if ur ? is answered.

regards,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

thanks for your helpful answer on part one of my question.

Part 2 of my question is still unanswered: When I am using business content repositories is there any kind of (customizing) data that is necessary in more than one repository (e.g. plants, units, etc.) so that it has to be maintained twice in two different repositories?

Best regards and thank you very much for your helpful answer.

bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI BD,

yes, in MDM 5.5 you have to maintian all config data seperately in all seperate repositories.

with MDM 7.1, we can have multiple main tables , and thus sharing of config data between them.

hope this helps,

+ An

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all please make your question clear.

On the other hand I don't think you required two different kind

of repositories for a particular master data object(AS Material)

in terms of activation of standerd business content.

Because there is no relevance if you are considering to make two different repositories with two different field of Material say

Unit, Plants..it is kind of reference data for a particular object(Material). and by making two different Repo. there will be no relavance otherwise you can make it.

Hope it helps.

BR

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BD

When I am using business content repositories is there any kind of (customizing) data that is necessary in more than one repository (e.g. plants, units, etc.) so that it has to be maintained twice in two different repositories?

We need to import all lookup table data from ECC. This can be done using MDMGX and yes for some tables like Country, Plants etc you may need to import the data multiple times for each repository. As mentioned by An MDM 7.1 we can reuse the lookup tables across the repositories.

thanks

Ravi K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BD,

ARTICLES is the name used in the CRM system ~~ as MATERIAL is used in R/3 .

Material can be RAW MATERIAL or FINISHED GOODS ~~ PRODUCTS are always FINISHED GOODS.

Material can be a good which is READY FOR SALE ~~ PRODUCTS are goods which are always READY FOR SALE.

hope this awnser will clarify ur doubt.

regards,

Jay.