cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing access with CUP(Access Enforcer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

here is my example:

we have a new employee, who need access to our SAP system.

We have CUP(Access Enforcer) so i give him the url to request an access. Before requesting an access he need to enter his ume login/password. Then he can request for a user/role,...

My question is: can we configure cup to enable request without connecting first?

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Julien-

I don't understand:

can we configure cup to enable request without connecting first?

Every user submitting a request, or submitting on behalf of another person, needs to be authenticated, and they always need to login...

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ankur,

Thank you for your answer.

As you said, at the moment you have to enter a password to request for an access in CUP(AE). But lets say for example that i will implement a new server(with CUP). I would like to send a link to each future user to tell them to register and fill the form which will be approved by the administrator.

Talking about time this is a real advantage for the admin(do not have to complete himself all the information)

If they are not in the UME, they can not ask for an access. That mean you need to enter manually all the user in the UME and send them the password before giving them the link.

Regards,

Julien

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Julien-

You can connect your UME with your LDAP, which links to your Directory Service. Or you can authenticate from your LDAP directly. Where are all your users now? And you can assign the AE Approver role to your Approvers. You will not need to do manual user creation in the UME...

Ankur

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only options you have in AE 5.2 for authentication are:

Multiple LDAP - Authentication can be ON & OFF

UME - Authentication ON only

SAP - Authentication ON only

SAP HR - Authentication can be ON & OFF

LDAP - Authentication can be ON & OFF

The only options you have in CUP 5.3 for authentication are:

Multiple LDAP - Authentication can be ON & OFF

UME - Authentication ON only

SAP - Authentication ON only

SAP HR - Authentication can be ON & OFF

LDAP - Authentication can be ON & OFF

JDE - Authentication can be ON & OFF

SAP EP - Authentication can be ON & OFF

Peoplesoft - Authentication can be ON & OFF

Oracle Apps - Authentication can be ON & OFF

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Authentication of user requests can be turned "on" or "off" for AE 5.2 and CUP 5.3, it depends upon what you use for authentication.

eg: UME can only be turned on therefore you need a UME username and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Authentication of user requests can be turned "on" or "off" for AE 5.2 and CUP 5.3, it depends upon what you use for authentication.

eg: UME can only be turned on therefore you need a UME username and password

so no way to disable UME identification if we use this connexion..

Ankur, your are right LDAP would be a good solution but i'm just trying to figure out what could be a solution without any central identity system.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Julien-

I don't see other than creating your new users manually in the UME without a Central Identity System to provide them access...

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your right.

Even if you disable the authentification(for exampel with SAP HR) you need to have a login to connect.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct, Julien...

Ankur