cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Usage of PGP(pretty good privacy) encryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to use PGP encryption in XI. Can u suggest is it possible or not. If yes can you tell me how can it be done.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, u can use it in XI. But there is no direct option available. U may develop ur own adapter module wherein u may fetch the free PGP libraries to achieve the encryption.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

PGP Encryption is used to support the transmission of sensitive data to / from third party systems via XI.

Adapter modules are developed to encrypt the file using PGP.

We had a similar requirement where we used PGP encryption.The module was developed using Cryptix OpenPGP which is a Java implementation of the OpenPGP standard.When the module is called in the adapter, it uses the PGP key provided by the party that will receive the encrypted message. This module should be called prior to calling the Sap adapter

Logic Flow/Processing:

-

1.Read the XML payload and message for getting the needed data.

2.Read the key to be used in the encryption and log the key to be used and the beginning of the encryption.

3.Call the PGP encryption and compression method.

4.Log whether encryption has been successful.

5.Set as payload the message content encrypted, and the principal data.

6.If any error occurs, logs an exception in PGP adapter module and the error reason.

7.Return the message.

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kummari,

According to third point in ur message, i need to call PGP encryption method. From where am i going to get that method.

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You can even write a Script for PgP and execute it via receiver file adapter.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this link it will be useful.

Regards,

Sharanya.