Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

wdThis.wdGet<InterfaceViewController()>.wdFirePlug<plug name>("/irj/portal");

I am using the ExitPlugs while clicking the button(onAction). It will reflect and showing the output while deploying the application.

if i attach iView into particular user in the Portal it will show the following exception

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exit-Plug must no be triggered with an URL when running in portal. Use portal navigation instead to navigate to another application!

whether it is possible the above scenario Using portalNavigation? If Possible how to do that?

Give your suggestions!!!

Regards,

P.Manivannan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing in that action write the following code

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://portal_content/guest/Home",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,null,null,WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.ALLOW_DUPLICATIONS,null,null,null,null,false,false);

Then it will naviagate to the role.

If you want to navigate to a page give the pcd path for that page.

But one thing is for the user he should be assigned with this role or page.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your Replies. sorry for the late reply.Navigation Between iView and Page are working fine while using "navigateAbsolute". In My scenario was List of roles are maintaining in my webdynpro screen. If i select one of my Role from dropdown list and click the submit button. It will go for new role and old role will be removed.If i press 'f5' the new role will come in my portal screen. In my question how to do this scenario onclick of Button from My webdynpro screen without clicking 'f5' button. Is there any other option is there in 'Portal Navigation'? or any other way to achieve this?

Regards,

P.Manivannan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is ur requirement is to navigate between 2 webdynpro application for which iviews are acreated.

In this case fire plugs does not work.

You have to make use of portal navigation.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to navigate to an portal, you have to use WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute()

In the input for this method you have to give the iViews pcd id.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srinivasan Subbiah

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Were you able to solve this problem? I am facing the same issue, plz help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have not already gone through the link below then please go through this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b0/f86f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

In WD Java

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/c6/21fc3f82c2e469e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Kumar on Jul 25, 2008 2:23 PM