cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Java SP upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to upgrade the Java level of my BI 7.0(SAP Netweaver 7.0) system from SP9 to SP13 as per the suggestion of SAP.

Can anybody tell the navigation path SP13 on service market place so I can download the whole thing and apply it subsequently..

I would appreciate all your valuable help as to downloading SP13 and applying it with SDM or JSPM.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

http://service.sap.com/patches

--> SAP Support Packages in Detail

--> How to import Support Packages

Make sure you have a configured Solution Manager setup, otherwise you can't confirm the patches.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for what are all to be downloaded for BI 7.0 NW 04's Java patches on service market place as to increase the level from SP9 to SP13.

Please give me the navigation path with patch details

Thanks in advance

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download the support stack for SP13 on the given path. The easiest way to find the correct files is to use Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer, it will point to you there.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

it shows the below options for support stack of SP13

AS-Application server,AS-JAVA ,Mobile infrastructure,Enterprise portal ,Process integration and Buisness intelligence

so what are all options I should choose as to increase the level of BI 7.0 Java version from SP9(current) to SP13.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need

AS-Java

BI-Java

EP

why not use Maintenance Optimizer? You will need it anyway to confirm the patches...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

the system is BI 7.0 Production server so Should I choose Portal also while selecting the patches for JAVA.?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use BI Java (which runs on top of a portal) - yes.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.You can choose Sp12 as the source stack if you are upgrading only the java related patches.

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go to http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks

Download SP Stack

Select Netweaver 7.0

Select Your OS/DB platform and choose source and target release.

In the screen restrict according to usage type you can choose BI-Java,EP,EPC and also save and keep the XML file so that you can do the stack upgrade which is more reliable than individul Support pack upgrade option in JSPM

An finally you need solution manager system to confirm the downloads.

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Current version is SP9 and it should be updated to SP13 so what about my source stack level.. can I choose SP12 as my source stack?