cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizations issues in SD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I am looking forward for some optimization issues to check for an existing client whoc has SAP for over 2+ years.

I would appreciate if u could give me input on any areas you can think of, any advise big or small related to SD Module (orders, delivery, invoicing, copy controls, credit management etc..) whatever can be though of would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search notes with the strings 'performance' 'SD'. You have about 300 notes.

Check userexits, VOFM (pricing, messages, copy control, credit managament, ...), BADI's and enhancements to avoid expensive queries in standard programs.

Check the PERFORM/ENDPERFORM subroutines in your SAPscript forms, perhaps they are so expensive.

Check volume of data for some objects (SO, deliveries, etc...). Use tcodes DB02 and TAANA to check the volume of data and performance. If you don't have legal and/or functional requirements, perhaps you can begin with archiving some objects. Check tcodes DB15, AOBJ and SARA. Caution if you need refresh or load any LIS structure.

If you have CO-PA check performance notes.

Sumarizing FI docs for invoicing perhaps helps you to avoid fast growths in DB and bad performance.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

PD: I forgot it, if your enduser use ABAP query reports and they are so expensive, replace them by ABAP reports.

Edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa on Jul 25, 2008 10:28 AM

Answers (0)