cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create barcode in Smart Forms with MS Word as Editor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a character format for a barcode in a smart style.

The problem is that I do not know how to assign it to the text in Smart Form because the Editor is MS Word and not the normal Editor.

Any suggestion or idea.

Thanks & best regards

Viktoria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Viktoria,

first you will create style, in that you need to create paragraph format like P and character format(C) in that GO-->STANDARD TEXT give barcode option

double click text editor in left hand side

it wil come word format, after GO--->CHANGE EDITOR

give like in text editor

P: <C>&wa_mara-matnr&

this is help ful you

Regards,

Bhupal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go with change editor and give character formatting...

or

In your word editor... select the text for which you want to apply the barcode character format and select the character formatting

regards

padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I choose the Texeditor I still get the Word-Editor. This is global basis setting I guess. I tried this before.

The funny thing is that I get the Word-Editor when I go via transaction HRFORMS and the old Editor when I go via transaction SMARTFORMS.

In the Word-Editor I cannot see the format that I created using Smart Styles. So I cannot choos it there.

Thanks and regards,

Viktoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the text element> output options> set the smartstyle you created.

Then you can select the data and apply the character format.

regards

padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the fast reply,

I have created a smartstyle and also a characterformat for the barcode. This is not the problem.

I call the layout via HRFORMS. The Form Builder for Smart Forms is called and the Editor for the text nodes is preset and is the MS Word editor. This cannot be changed. I tried different things also in the settings. The normal text editor cannot be called.

I choose and enter the field that I want to convert into the barcode &wa_barcode&. I do not work with standard texts (SO10). The text field is a normal text node in Smart Forms. The character format that applies converts the number in the variable field into the barcode.

In the MS word editor I have only formats that are in the office environment (arial, ...) I do not see the formats that I created in smartstyle also when I assign it in the output options of the text node.

So maybe I have to work like this for now. Swich between HRFORMS and SMARTFORMS when working with barcodes. In the Smart Forms transaction it is the normal editor where I can see the paragraph/ character formats from smartstyle.

Thanks and best regards

Viktoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u do not want use the word editor then do this:

Double click on the text node. Then on the top left hand side of the editor u will find a small button (text editor). Click that. U will be taken to a full screen editor.

if u still do not find ur good ol editor then ffrom the menu goto ->change editor. And u have ur editor.

Here u put in your barcode like this:

L3 <BC>&WA_LTAP-TANUM&</>

where L3 is some para format and BC is your barcode character format.