Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give authorization to all & restrict it to some

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to restrict the display of AL11 to all the user.

The scenario is we do not want some of the files to be displayed to all the users.

I think we can restrict this in AL11 roles to give access to a specific folders/files, but I want to know if I can restict in such a way that the user has access to all the folders/files except a few one.

Please let me know your suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Nishikant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Use the object S_DATASET.

This contains the fields:

PROGRAM ABAP program name

ACTVT Activity

FILENAME Physical file name

provide the activity:

A6: Read file with filter (operating system command)

along with the FILENAME and PROGRAM.

you can try exploring the documentation for this object.

Regards,

Srihari

PS:In PROGRAM (ABAP programs) authorization check is performed with the function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Jul 25, 2008 2:22 PM

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should look into transaction SM69. (and SM49)

If you create an OS command in SM69 to list the directory and files you want to show you may be able to give that to the user as a variant or parameter transaction of SM49, wihtout any further selection screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Use the object S_DATASET.

This contains the fields:

PROGRAM ABAP program name

ACTVT Activity

FILENAME Physical file name

provide the activity:

A6: Read file with filter (operating system command)

along with the FILENAME and PROGRAM.

you can try exploring the documentation for this object.

Regards,

Srihari

PS:In PROGRAM (ABAP programs) authorization check is performed with the function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Jul 25, 2008 2:22 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply,

I know it is possible to restrict it using the FILENAME field and the particular object.

But what we want is to restrict it for some files only, otherwise the user shuld be able to access all other files.

That means I should be able to use * in the FILENAME at the same time I should restrict the user for let say 2 files which I don't want to give him the access.

Is it possible to use 2 different roles for this? will it work that way?

Thanks,

Nishikant

0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

When the system performs an authority check it will check whether the user have the particular authorization or not.

If you give star (), you're providing full access. And now you want star( )- 2...

this could be possible like if you have sequence. I mean to say that you can specify a range like A-G, I-M excluding the H.

But for file system ... it is not possible.

Regards,

Srihari

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Jul 25, 2008 2:55 PM