cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Application Java 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I am now trying to installing the SAP Web Application Java 6.40 but encountered some problems. I managed to install the SAP Developer Studio. Then i downloaded the SAPCAR.EXE from the service market to extract the files for the J2EE_OSINDEP->J2EE-ENG->J2EENGINE->J2EEINSTALL.SAR and managed to extract the following files out:

1)dts(folder with some .dtd files)

2)lib(folder with some .jar files)

3)sharedlib(folder with some .jar files)

4)BatchConfig.log

5)BatchConfig.xml

6)config.input.properties

7)configtool.bat

8)configtool.sh

9)install_cts.bat

10)install_cts.bat.properties

11)upload.bat

12)upload.sh

13)visual.bat

but despite that i am still unable to find the setup file for the SAP Web Application Server 6.40. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure of the contents of the disc, if if the documentation for the cd says that SAP AS Java 6.40 does exists on the disc, then just search for sapinst.exe within the SAP Web AS Java directory and you will get it.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have searched the entire disc but there is no such sapinst.exe file. Can you advise. Or Is this SAP Web Application 6.40 downloaded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any SAP Installer comes with sapinst.exe from where the execution starts. Pleae confirm with the basis team if your having the correct dvd for the installation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello....from where did you download the installation for SAP AS 6.40.

If you extract all the rar files you should find the following folder IM_WINDOWS_I386 (on windows) within which you will find an exe with the name sapinst.exe. Use this file to start the installation.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I am actually running from the SAP Netweaver 04 disc the content includes:

1)Support Release 1

2)SAP Web AS Java

3)SAP Netweaver Developer Studio

4)IGS