Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA: Model view not created automatically in Child System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I try to create a CUA with just a child system thru txn SCUA. The result of generation is good and all green. The part that is not right is I do not see the model view created in txn BD64 of child system, I can see it created in master system. Both RFC of master and child system are working fine. I do not see errors at WE20 & WE21 as well. Under this situation, I can see CUA active in master system but not child system. Hence, CUA is not working as it says in master system.

I have setup CUA couple of times before but this is the first time that I encounter such a weird situation. Does anyone has any clue where could have gone wrong?

Edited by: Annie Chan on Jul 25, 2008 5:23 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

countercheck your RFC-connection to the child system. (a common error could be wrong client....). Does the RFC-user have sufficient rights in child system?

(Possible try SAP_ALL once...)

Is the child system on 46B? or more actual. As far i remember the automatic generation works from 46C on only....

b.rgds, Bernhard

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Did you define the logical systems correctly? (Used txn SALE?)

Is there some other point you missed out to mention?

anything about the sync of company address etc..

Regards,

Srihari

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

countercheck your RFC-connection to the child system. (a common error could be wrong client....). Does the RFC-user have sufficient rights in child system?

(Possible try SAP_ALL once...)

Is the child system on 46B? or more actual. As far i remember the automatic generation works from 46C on only....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Yes - check your RFC connections - depending upon whether it was set up trusted or not - you may need to reset the passwords - check with the remote logon in the RFC connection.

Also, I have found that if the child system got disconnected for some reason - child system went down or rebooted - that all of the lights will still show green, but the child system will need to be re-connected in CUA - you cna do this by just re-saving the child system.

0 Kudos

Hi JC,

this sounds strange. i never had that issue of 'automatic' unconnecting....

...And I reboot my servers very often....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Don't know what to tell you. All I know is that when the child system goes down for some reason - like a reboot - I need to re-save that child system. CUA still shows it as connected - RFC status shows green, but my distribution logs show errors when I make a change. I am running this on NW 2004S. Re-saving fixes the problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

It is indeed a RFC issue but it was a silly mistake with the incorrect hostname that I am suppose to connect to. Hence, the Distribution Model doesn't exist in the child system. Nervertheless, your advise does point to the right direction.

Thanks so much for your input. Points are granted as accordingly.

Regards,

Annie