Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal MDM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am integrating MDM with portal.

After creating the system when i am doing connection system it showing below error.

ERROR:

Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.

-

After creating the system alias whether i have to give database

userid and password or SQL Server Password.

There is No SQL server password.

what i have to do?

please help me in this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Eventhough I did what you said above still I am getting same error.

Please solve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Which version of MDM server are you using?? Are the 3 .SCA portal files deployed on the server of the excatly same version as of MDM server.

We had also faced the same problem and it was because of mismatch between the files deployed and the MDM server.

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

we are using version 5.5.SP06 ( 5.5.62.63)

We deployed exactly same version of .SCA files of portal,MDM.

Edited by: santhosh kumar on Jul 28, 2008 1:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

A couple of things to verify:

1. Make sure the username and password in MDM Console and the username and password used for user mapping in the portal are identical. Please note that the username is case sensitive.

2. When performing a system test, make sure that the portal account that you are testing under has end user permissions to the MDM system object that you created. You can verify this by going to the MDM system object, right-clicking and selecting Open | Permissions. Make sure that the End User checkbox is checked.

I hope this helps.

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

After creating your System Object and defining the System Alias for it, you have to do User Mapping where you map the portal user with the MDM repository user. You dont have to give any SQL server password here.

Go to User Administration and search for the portal user you want to map, under Identity Management. Go to that user's details and go to the last tab User Mapping for System Access. Select your System Alias name and provide the User Id and Password for the MDM repository User and Save the changes.

Now perform Connection Tests...it should be successful.

Also make sure that your MDM server and the SCA files deployed are of the same version, otherwise you may face some issues.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

After giving System Alias navigate to User Administration, Search the portal user which you want to map with that of MDM user. Select the last tab i.e. User mapping. Select the system alias name from the drop down box and give the login creadentials of MDM user.

Username=MDMUser

Password=MDMUserPassword.

After performing the above step, refresh the portal page and check the Connection with the backend again.

It should be successful.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja