cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM ABAP API ERROR: DCNI_MSG_ErrInitDB

0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting the error above when I execute the sample ABAP API Function modules. The same issue was discussed in thread , but didn't find the resolution to the problem.

Its same scenario, the program works for Getting Mounted repositories and Runnint repositories and gives the error while fetching All repositories in case of the Funciton modules.

In case of the classes, the error is thrown with a generic exception "cx_mdm_usage_error" and text says "Inconsistency in configuration. Check server, DBMS, type repository" which is kind of misleading, since nothing will work if the configuration is wrong.

Any thoughts...

Thanks in advance..

Chiranjeevi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel your settings in T-Code "MDMAPIC" is perfect since you are able to get info of Mounted repositories and Running repositories and gives the error while fetching All repositories in case of the Funciton modules.

You need to run your Tracing report HowTo_07.pdf to find out whts actually reason. it helps you finding more clear info about your error.

Since you are getting generic exception "cx_mdm_usage_error" it seems that you are pasing some wrong Parameter's.

Hope it helps you,

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply..Will test it out with trace and get back with specific message...

0 Kudos

This error is solved. There are few things i did. My scenario is that I have MDM server on Oracle and SAP IDES running on one box..

Per installation document:

1. Installed Oracle client on the MDM Server.

2. Updated the dll files on the MDM host. I think API use C kernel to communicate.

ABAP API Config.

1. Under MDMAPIC for DBMS Hosts, I specified DBMS name (from tnsnames.ora) instead of the Host Name. like ORCL instead of 10.10.0.10 etc) in the field for DBMS Host.

Thanks..

Answers (0)