cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shift + selection in Grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

shift + selection works in Grid, only for the current view but if i use vertical scroll bar in the Grid then it do not work.

For Ex. - If there are 100 rows in my Grid and in one view (one screenshot) i can see only 10 rows then shift + selection will work only for 10 rows.

Is there any way to select 50 rows with shift + selection (scroll down till row 50) like MS-Excel?

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct in identifying how the iGrid works - maybe you need to increase the pixel height of the iGrid applet definition in your web page

What's the business case for what you are trying to do - perhaps another way is possible.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy -

Business case is simple - user wants to select more rows than visible in the current view in Grid with shift+select.

Ex. - In current view user can see only 10 rows but he wants to select 25 rows with shift+selection.

Even if I code this functionality, Is there any way to execute the function on shiftselection or shiftdoubleclick?

I also want the last selected row as a input for my function but shiftclick does not select(highlight) the row and shiftdouble click does select but only in current view if i use scrollbar then shift+doubleclick will not select any row.

Thanks,

Anil

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many columns of data are in your query results?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy -

There are 3 columns of data in the query result.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Anil

is what u want is just select as much rows as u can ?

if so , u can just hold the ctrl and then hold the left click ,sroll mouse icon to wherever u want in that grid!

have a nice day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The requirement is "shift + selection" as there is no need to hold the left click with shift key.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, just enable "allow multiple selection" in the grid template.