cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT :What is webdynpro configuration identifier?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please let me know what is webdynpro configuration identifier?

I am new to the webdynpro technology and am not sure .

I am involved in an eRecruiting implementation wherein we have to modify the start page to a cutom one which is in Webdynpro ABAP.

To define a custom start page, i have to specify a configuration id ?

Documentation says : "Enter the Web Dynpro configuration identifier (component configuration ID of the start page component) that defines the start page variant."

Please refer the post i had logged in another areafor more details:

Thanks in advance,

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor

Hi Sowmya

There is a concept called Application Configuration in Web Dynpro ABAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/83/61a042f036c46ae10000000a155106/content.htm

You have to create a configuration for the application or pass the existing configuration to the application.

right click the application and choose create/change configuration, which will take you to configuration editor.

you have to pass the created or existing configuration ID to the application, because the application internally uses the configuration

you have to the pass the parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID=<the configuration id name>

i hope it is clear

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am sorry Thomas! Will not the use word again.

@Abhi: When i test in the application configuration window, i get the following error message :

"Unfortunately, the system is unavailable at the moment; try again later"

Any pointers for this??

Also, i noticed that when i include the config id of the root component in the application configuration, the config state of the component config is "Possible" instead of "Available". How can i change this?

Am i getting the error because of this?

Regards,

Sowmya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As part of the stricter moderation guidelines; please do not use terms like URGENT in your subject line. Everyone's questions are important.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

The problem is solved .It was something to do with the credentials.I am using a different one now

Thanks for your additional info.

One last clarification:

I can see that the application has a lot of components & their usage is also listed. Now,should i compulsorily create a component configuration id for all of them ? or only for those which i want to modify or just don't create any component configuration id?

Thanks again,

sowmya

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, without knowing any clue about the component it is difficult to say.

It is not compulsory to create configuration for the component, it depends on how the component is developed.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhi,

Thanks for the update.Things are a little clearer though still not completely sure.

Should i create configuration id for the component of the start page or should i create configuration id for the application of the start page? it is very confusing.

I choose the application & right click & try to create a config id for the application ,it throws me a dump.I can successfully create a config id for the component though.

Regards,

Sowmya

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

which SP are you running, i am in SP10 working fine.

can you post the error?

In Application Configuration we assign main component and component usages with the component configuration id.

Abhi