Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a RFC to mailserver

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,gurus:

I wanna create a RFC to mailserver in SM59.The connection type is T (or G?),and I select "start on explicit server" as activation type.But I don't know the program of the mail server,how can I find it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you check out my blog?

it shows how to create RFC properly

Regards,

michal

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,Michal:

Thanks for your help,but I need to create a RFC that the activation type is "Start on explicit server".I don't know the program ,gateway host and gateway service of the mail server.If the RFC were not created,the alert message would not be sent to internet mailbox when the alert occurs,and in SBWP it would throw error "Internal error: CL_SMTP_RESPONSE ESMTP error code is not known. 530 530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given." I think it is because the mail server needs authorization when we send mails,but CCMS function CCMS_OnAlert_Email doesnt offer this function.

Also,I read your blog "XI: Alerts - Troubleshooting guide",and I need your help in step 3.I cannt find the component type :business system XXX,and there are only two component:XIintegrationserver and XIadapterframework.Any ideas?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use connection type T. Check for explicit host detials here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/22/042652488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek