Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling BAPI from Adobe Interactive Form

manoj_goyal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement from my client to work on interface using BAPI for creating Service notification. Idea is that users will fill an Adobe interactive form (AIF) on company INTRANET and as soon as user press a SUBMIT button on the adobe form, BAPI should be called to create a SERVICE NOTIFICATION (Tcode IW51). I have work with BAPIs and I know the BAPI name (BAPI_SERVNOT_CREATE) to create SERVICE NOTIFICATIONS, but not with this kind of interface. Please advice me how to go about it and if some one can share any documentations to accomplish this task.

Another developer is in charge of developing the AIF and I am responsible for ABAP side .

Thanks in advance.

mini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Guys,

>

> I have a requirement from my client to work on interface using BAPI for creating Service notification. Idea is that users will fill an Adobe interactive form (AIF) on company INTRANET and as soon as user press a SUBMIT button on the adobe form, BAPI should be called to create a SERVICE NOTIFICATION (Tcode IW51). I have work with BAPIs and I know the BAPI name (BAPI_SERVNOT_CREATE) to create SERVICE NOTIFICATIONS, but not with this kind of interface. Please advice me how to go about it and if some one can share any documentations to accomplish this task.

>

> Another developer is in charge of developing the AIF and I am responsible for ABAP side .

>

> Thanks in advance.

>

> mini

The offline submit that you describe doesn't sound like it will use Web Dynpro ABAP. If you want to use Web Dynpro then you should host the Adobe Form within a WDA Component using the InteractiveForm UI element. When the submit button is pressed in this case the onSubmit action/event Handler will fire within WD and you can call the BAPI from Web Dynpro like normal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

You could check the links below for similar functionality.

How to Execute an RFC Model With Input From Interactive Forms (NW2004)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bfbcd790-0201-0010-679d-e36a3c6b...

Purely Offline Adobe Scenario for BAPI call

Thanks,

GLM

manoj_goyal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

Thanks for you reply, but the links you gave deals with Web Dynpro Java.

I am looking to implement this scenerio using Web Dynpro ABAP.

Thanks,

mini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

The examples what you have provided is for java, is there a similar exampled for abap.

thanks

vijai