Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function group authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you allocate an authorization for a particular function group? How do you find an existing role that has this authorization?

I do BASIS at a small site without a security person and bumble through security.

Recently I have encountered a number of notes advising me to allocate specific function group authorizations. I'm completely stumped as to how to do this and the notes give no hints at all. I can't seem to find anything in SUIM or PFCG that helps me.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do a search for the field FUGR thru SUIM.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to provide the object S_DEVELOP with OBJTYPE = FUGR, OBJNAME = 'name_of_the_function_group', ACTVT = 16 (execute). This is what is needed to execute functions within that particular group.

To check which function group a specific function resides within, display the function using SE37, select Goto->Main Program from menu, then Goto->Attributes.

Quick tip: use ST01 to activate an authorization trace, then execute whatever functionality you want to restrict authorizations on. Analyzing the resulting trace will give a decent idea of the objects that are involved, and which values you need to set.

Regards,

Trond

Edited by: Trond Stroemme on Jul 25, 2008 9:28 AM

0 Kudos

>

> You need to provide the object S_DEVELOP with OBJTYPE = FUGR, OBJNAME = 'name_of_the_function_group', ACTVT = 16 (execute). This is what is needed to execute functions within that particular group.

That would be for "single testing" - see SAP note 587410.

For RFC itself, the object is S_RFC with the function group name (RFC_TYPE = 'FUGR'). From release 7.10 onward, you can also control at the level of the function module name (RFC_TYPE = 'FUNC').

Depending on your config, these checks may or may not occur.

Cheers,

Julius