cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sourcing couldn't send out E-mail notification of new user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I got stuck on SMTP issue when configuring a E-sourcing sandbox, when I created some Buy-side users, the system was not able to send out the notifications but all stuck in "Queued Messages" .

I browsed in the system, the settings related with the SMTP function including below items:

1: "Source Email" in Company Properties, this email address is going to be indicated as the sender of a new user notification;

2: "Messaging" configuration in System Properties:

( messaging messaging.smtp.mailhost

messaging messaging.smtp.password

messaging messaging.smtp.username )

I have set up above fields as the same as a working E-sourcing application, but my sandbox still doesn't work for me, the new user created can't receive the notification to become a valid user of the system, so they will not be able to logon to the system without password information.

Would you please advice me what should I do, any of your response in highly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards!

edward.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edward,

Please try the following:

Setup -> System Information (under System Administration on the System Management line) --> Daemons (tab) --> Check the Email Enabled checkbox. This setting has to be on for outbound email to be sent from the system.

Best Regards, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edward,

Please verify a couple of things:

1. Is the functional e-sourcing box is running on the same version of Sandbox version (which you are configuring)

2. Verify that "New User" notification template is set to active in the email templates setting through setup

3. If no issues with 1 and 2 then would suggest to clear mail queue from backend and try generating a new email

Please let us know the out come.

Good Luck.