cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuartion for File Transfer

0 Kudos

Hello,

I need some pointers in setting up the alerts for the file transfer for the given two scenarios -

1. An alert is generated everytime the polling fails i.e. the file adapter does not find a file to be read

2. An alert is generated when the file is transferred. I am just doing the file transfer so I am not using the message interface.

One option for this is to generate the mail by using JMS adapter, but I would prefer alert creation.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>An alert is generated everytime the polling fails

This can be handled by configuring simple alerts in ALRTCATDEF.JUst search for blog "Alerts step by step".

>>An alert is generated when the file is transferred.

No alerts will be triggered in this case(coz its a successful transfer),you need to configure a receiver mail adapter and send the file/message to a mail ID.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Alert Framework you can apply the alert notifications wherever the file transfer in XI will failed.

Refer

XI : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically

XI: Alerts - Step by step

For successfull messages there will not be the alert notification available. But as its mentioned by Amir, you can send mail confirmation with mail adapter, or can go for JMS adapter for sending the successful messages.

Thanks

swarup

0 Kudos

Hello,

I had already configured the Alerts as given in step by step configuration. But still I am not receiving the alerts.

I am not using any message mapping for the file transfer, it is a plain file transfer.

Is there any way to get the alerts whenever the polling fail?

Regards,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this links

Alert pre requisites

Alerts trouble shooting

According to my knowledge we can configure the alerts for mapping and BPM, so your scenario is not having mapping, so it may not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run this report in SE38 in XI box : RSALERTTEST

If the alerts are getting triggered from there . then u need implement a note 913858

Thanks