cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automsoft Data Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking to connect to an Automsoft RAPID application and are investigating a number of possibilities. We believe the OPCUDC or OPCHDAUDC are options but was wondering if there were others available to us. Recent dicussions indicate that a Web Service connection is available. Does anyone have a recommendation? This would be for 11.5.2 systems or higher. Thanks in advance!!

Kevin Fitzgerald

Invensys Process Systems

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You definitely want the OPC HDA connector, Kevin. This way, the templates you build will be "TagQuery" templates, not XMLQuery or XacuteQuery templates. The main advantage is that you'll get the ability to browse tags, both in design time (Tag Query Template editor) and at runtime (within the iChart applet).

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need to check with the MII team, however, to find out if they will ever release an updated OPC HDA connector...

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rick - I guess you haven't been on service marketplace in quite awhile...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, but I was told that there wasn't any new functionality in the OPC HDA versus the old one - primarily a functional upgrade on the new framework. There were a few aspects of OPC HDA that Automsoft leveraged that were not exposed in the older HDA server, as I recall. Any more info?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gents-

Thanks for the feedback. Jeremy- per Rick's comments, can you or anyone from the MII team provide any additional insights realtive to your commners on Service Marketplace? Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kevin

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin - have you downloaded the 4.0 UDS from service marketplace and attempted to connect to Automsoft with OPC-HDA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just did a search on the Service marketplace with no success. Hate to be a pain but can you point me to a link? Thanks.

Kevin

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's is the trail from http://service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades : SAP xApps : SAP XMII : SAP XMII UDS : XMII UDS : XMII UDS 4.0

This might help too: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1168660

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy-

This is great- thanks. Note that I am not sure if this is the correct note number, but I have found other notes on the UDS4.0 capabilities which provides good reference. Is there a summary doc or note that presents an overview of the new capabilities? Thanks again and best to all in Exton!

Kevin

jcgood25
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Very awesome indeed!!! Thanks a bunch and have a great rest of the summer.

Kevin

Answers (0)