cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver Stage required when removing role assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have an issue when trying to remove a role from a user. I wanted to use an initiator with a stage set up with "No Stage" as the approver determinator. I did not want the actual role approver as set up in the Roles section to have to get involved in a removal process. I have set up an Initiator called User Role Delete with attribute request type (value Role Removal). The issue is... when I create and approve a request to remove a role, the system response is such that auto-provisioning is complete and the request is closed. When I look at the user, nothing was done. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orazi,

Try this

Purpose :To remove existing roles from user's account in backend

Configuartion and Setup:-

1-Initiator: "Change Initiator" for Change Type Request

2-Path : General Path

Manager-->Security

3-Submit a Change Type Request for an existing user

4-Set Auto Provisioning Type: Auto Provisioning at the end of

Request.

5-Set Provision effective immediately:Yes

Sequence:

1-Login to end user screen with user ABC

2-Select the Request Type as change with system as "SAP_S10".

3-Select Manager as "Jagat"

4-Click on Select Roles

5-Here Select some Roles as Z_AP_Accountant

6-Click on Existing Roles button

7-Select some existing roles assigned to the user as "R1,R2" and include them in the request

8-Check the action associated with Existing Roles, it is showing Removal

9-Submit the Request

10-Login as Manager to Approve the Request

Expected Result:

In the backend (SAP_S10) system, existing roles will be removed and new role Z_AP_Accountant will be assigned to the user

Please let me know if require more detail and help on this issue.

Reegards,

Jagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagat,

We're not using the manager as an approver in any step. We are also having no issues with role additions using the normal change role initiator with the role owner stage (although we are having issues when no role owner is listed for the role).

Since we have a very limited number of people that will have the access to submit requests, we'd like to bypass the approval process all together for role removal requests. The "no stage" approval determinator is the only way I see to be able to do this. Our problem is that once the request is created with the role added (action = remove), the system gives the response that the request has been provisioned and closed when nothing has been done to the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you working with 5.3?

If not, what is your Request Type?

Regards,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

We're at AE 5.2 SP8 Patch1 (Build-47214). I'm using a Change User request type with a custom value(Remove Role). I'm also using the Change User request type for all other user changes for a different initiator with a different request type value.