cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Availability Check & TOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt that whether TOR happens first or Availability Check.

As per my knowledge, first TOR then Availability Check.

If I am wrong then please guide me.

NAYAK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my openion TOR comes first.whenever u r entering ur material in sales order, the requirement of sales order will be transferred to MRP. then the system checks whether that particular material is available or not.

Currect me if iam wrong.

regards..

Yogi..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yogi

No. First availability check happens and stock is confirmed to the sale order. TOR happens for the balance quantity in sale order.

Supposing let us assume Stock is available for 20 nos and you create a sale order for a material and the order quantity is 100 nos. Now first 20 nos. will be confirmed via Availability Check and for balance 80 nos. TOR happens.

Hope this explanation clarifies your doubt.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi,

thanks for ur detailed explanation..my doubt is clarified

Thanks and regards..

Yogi..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nayak

While creating sale order, first Availability Check happens and once you save the order, TOR comes into picture. Of course, two types of TOR are there

- Transfer of requirements with individual requirements

- Transfer of requirements with collective requirements

You are defining the above in material master in Sales : General / Plant view whether each requirement is forwarded individually to planning or whether the requirements for one material in one plant are be combined.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayak, Availability Check first then TOR. The availability check happens before saving the order while TOR only when the order is saved. And the stocks will be reserved.