cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any limitation to foeld length?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have successfully done idoc-file scenario but with some issue, there is filed (label) with 1000 length , in the result file only 100 charachters are populated and remining are truncated.

the content convertion strcture is.

Row.addHeaderLine 0

Row.fieldNamesTrans_Id,Order,Item,Product_Id,Product_desc,Lot_nr,Ship_via,Exp_qty,Carousel_loc,Compart,Destination,Label

Row.fieldSeparator ,

fieldTooShortHandling ignore

Row.fieldSeparator '0x09'

Row.endSeparator 'nl'

i tseted the scenarios it looks fine, is there any limitation to display the filed length?

please let me know how to dispaly the entire filed value?

regards

niru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you try the 'fieldFixedlengths' property and specify the length of your field there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i ahe tried the filed fixed length propery also but iam facing the same problem.

i rechecked the file there are 8 fileds , the 8th filed length is 1000 characters.

in the payload of reciver file the data is populated properly with all the filed values.

but file in the destination (UNIX) contain 6 filed values and the remaining part is truncated.

please suggest me

regards

niru

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parse your 1000 chracter file for any of the fieldseparator characters in you mapping itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

whats the field length in sxmb_moni->Technical routing->Payload ?

For Content conversion,there is no limit of field length.

Secondly,why have you give fieldSeparator twice.

Row.fieldSeparator , and Row.fieldSeparator '0x09' ?

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there are chaces, that file may contain , or TAB as a field separator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amir,

Thanks for your reply. the length of filed is correcet in payload (SXMB_MONI) , but it not populating correctly on destination file

regards

niru

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeru,

Did you try Farooq's suggestion?

YOur data in the 1000 Character field migh contain the , character or the other endseparator character.

Regards,

ravi