Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Must i_structure_name for LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE be pre-defined in dict?

When I've used lvc_fieldcatalog_merge in the past, I've always set i_structure_name to a literal - the name of a structure that I've defined in Data Dictionary.

If I declare a structure type in the "TOP" of an X function group, can I set i_structure_name to the name of this type ????

Or does i_structure_name have to be the name of a pre-defined dictionary structure?

Thanks for whatever time you can afford to spend considering this matter?

replied

As per my knowledge fm LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE only support with structures declared in the Data Dictionary level.

But if you want to pass the internal table declared in the TOP or X fun group then you need to work around way

1. First call CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE' and get the field catalog table from this fm and pass it to

2. CALL FUNCTION 'LVC_TRANSFER_FROM_SLIS' and get the field catalog from this and pass to set_table_for_first_display

PS : There is importing parameter in fm LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE ie I_INTERNAL_TABNAME i tried to pass internal table declared in the TOP thru this but somehow it is not working.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question