cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net req calculation and re-use mode questions in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I am trying to standard lot heuristics with different Net Requirements Calculation procedures and re-use mode/ re-use strategy.

I have understood technically what the system is doing but I am having trouble understanding the business benefits of using these different settings.

If you can help me with these 2 questions, It will be great help for me:

1) As far as I have understood, the end result would be same if I use " use suitable receipts/FIFO " as re-use strategy/mode OR " delete unfixed orders/explode fixed receipts again".

So the question is why would we care to choose one mode/strategy over the other? Why would we care to re-use existing receipts or not?

2) Also, what are the benefits of "re-exploding fixed receipts again". Why would I want to re-explode fixed receipts?

Appreciate all your help!

Varun

Edited by: Varun Muni on Jul 24, 2008 8:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

I would explain yr 2nd question first & then first question

2) Also, what are the benefits of "re-exploding fixed receipts again". Why would I want to re-explode fixed receipts?

- Reexploding of fixed reciepts in Planning is required to take care of current Master data changes if any.

Ex Change of operation times, resource capacity , sequence of operation.

If reuse mod is Reexplode fixed reciepts, then all fixed reciepts are reexploded/replaned with modified master data

else they are retianed as it is in new planning run

1) As far as I have understood, the end result would be same if I use " use suitable receipts/FIFO " as re-use strategy/mode OR " delete unfixed orders/explode fixed receipts again".

So the question is why would we care to choose one mode/strategy over the other? Why would we care to re-use existing receipts or not?

- Results of plannin with these modes can not be the same at all the time. High level difference is as follows:

1) In "use suitable reciepts" does not delete the unfixed receipt elemnt unlike "delete unfixed orders/explode fixed receipts again"

2) In "use suitable reciepts" new procurement propsals are generated if requirement can not be satisfied with existing unfixed receipts where as in "delete unfixed orders/explode fixed receipts again" all unfixed reciepts are deleted & recretaed as per new calculation.

3) In "use suitable reciepts" fixed recipts are not exploded again where as in "delete unfixed orders/explode fixed receipts again" all fixed reciepts are reexploded again in planning run

Hope that I was able to explain your query. I have given very high level difference. You may carry out multiple planning run to analyze the difference

Revert in case of any doubt

With regards

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pl check the links in help that explain this better

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/bd/59e389b64211d5b3fd0001029d90a9/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e9/0357d24d44684db767684340369d30/frameset.htm

re exploding fixed receipts will usually result in more time taken for planning. and deletion of manually created planned orders which might be part of the business process