cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we bypass SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question related to SLD; as per my understanding SLD is essential to connect to various systems. For eg) If I need to connect to SAP R/3 system using a webdynpro application, I need to set up an SLD to connect to R/3 system.

My question is; can we directly use JCO connection with out having to go via the SLD? (Currently we have some web applications in which we are connecting to R/3 system using JCO). Direct JCO connection also works through the proxies (generated using Visual Age for Java). Since we already have this setup, can we bypass SLD?

Thanks.

Deepak Shankar

Message was edited by: Deepak Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep Shanakar,

Renjith is right you can bypass the SLD and the Adaptive RFC by coding all of it by hand. But to be honest I would not recomend it. I would rather throw the Proxies away and create new ones done with Netweaver Developer Studio. Its basically just a click click click thing and no coding at all. And you do get a lot of benefits from Adaptive RFC besides the fact that you do not have to take care of connection information yourselve.

regards Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your question, i think it might be possible to run a Webdynpro application bypassing the JCO destinations maintained with the help of the systems in SLD...

However, the way the WD application is designed would have to be different from the way a normal WD app is written... The way client connection is obtained & managed with the Adaptive RFC models have to be done completely by the other application that you had mentioned and that has to be integrated into WD application code.

Thanks,

Renjith.