cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC 2.5 Master Data Cleansing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client who has loaded at least one iteration of master data to PC 2.5 using the MDUG template and CSV backend upload. I would like to know HOW or IF there is a way to cleanse the PC 2.5 system of all master data (mass deletion functionality). My objective is to ensure the final data loaded to PC 2.5 is an accurate and complete set (would like to avoid duplicate data or overwriting data). Please advise with insight or leading practices in this area (please include step-by-step instruction and technical detail if possible/applicable).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

if you have just uploaded data and have not assigned processes to organizations you can easily delete this data via RHRHDL00 report.

I usually prefer starting with the P5 objects followed by PN, PM, PL and PK.

As there are no local objects I'm assuming that you did not create cases as well.

Regards

Andre Yuji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

We had a conference call with SAP yesterday and I received the official answer to this question. The answer is that there is no way for the customer to do this currently.

There is a way to do a "clear all" of master data objects from an environment but this info only exists as an internal SAP-only script. They said the script is not straightforward and that it is only currently possible for one of their functional consultants to run it.

My original question for them was more related to deleting individual objects. In general, they advised not to "cherry pick" objects for deletion, especially central objects, due to the many dependencies that are created (central objects, local objects, testing objects and workflow). These relationships can become very complex and that is why there is no current way to do this.

They did say they are currently working on a solution to delete objects but can't provide completion date at this point.

That said, we'll probably have an SAP consultant do a "clear all" after our pilot so we can do a clean final data load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

Thanks. I'll check that out. I searched for that note and could not locate it anywhere (either by note number or keyword search).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I had the same problem: SAP sent me the note reference and I requested the content after failing to find it by search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

I have the same issue. I'm not aware of a mass delete function, however, you are able to delete individual objects if you go in through Expert Mode in the IMG or with TCode GRPC_STR_CHANGE. I expect that you will have to delete objects in a specific sequence based on dependencies (Ex: you won't be able to delete an object that has dependent objects without first deleting either the dependency or the dependent objects).

At this point, however, I suggest that you do NOT delete objects until you consult SAP. There are lots of interdependencies behind the scenes that could get you in trouble pretty quickly if you start deleting objects.

I have a feeling that even though deleting objects is technically possible, SAP will not look upon it as "best practices". In the documentation, in several different areas for different types of objects, they recommend that you don't delete them but retire them (mark them out of validity) instead. That practice, however, might be more appropriate for a QA or prod environment as opposed to a Dev environment.

I'm interested in SAP's response. Please update this thread with their response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was provided the following note which im still working through the details of (in my opinion this doesnt directly address my question but it might indirectly satisfy my ultimate objective). Would appreciate any further feedback you might have:

Note 1175159 - Old data is still showing in Process Controls

Note Language: English Version: 2 Validity: Valid from 11.06.2008

Summary

Symptom

When deleting old data and adding new data via the MDUG it looks correct in

the backend, but the old data is still showing in Process Controls.

More Terms

Process Controls, MDUG, Report Buffer, Shared Objects Memory

Cause and Prerequisites

Solution

Important Note: This is relevant for test systems only where data can be purged and reloaded periodically. We do not encourage customers to run a deletion script in a promote-to-production environment.

Go to SPRO > GRC Process Control > Structure Setup > Shared Objects Memory > Monitor Active Areas and refresh.

Go to SPRO > GRC Process Control > Reporting > Maintain Reporting Buffer and refresh.

In transaction SCASE choose RMS ID as "GRC_PC", double click on the GRC

Process Control under "cases" folder. Enter case type "G_TL" and execute and choose the refresh button. Choose remaining case types from BOTTOM to TOP individually and execute the same.

In Transaction SWWL leave status field blank and enter the creation date.

Agent is " * " and choose the option to "Delete Log data as well".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest that you ask support by opening an OSS message