cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO differs with SEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one give idea about APO. I worked in Bw/Bi, but in APO this is the first project to me. I need the flow from r/3 to BW APO. And how exactly APO differs with SEM.

Thanks In Advance.

Vishal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO-BW is same as BW-BW as far as Data Workench goes

The browser help for data workbench comes up when you go to RSA1- you should be able to get info from here if needed

SEM and APO are quite different.. why are they similar??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

APO is used for demand planing and SEM is also for but it is Strategic planning. I need the business and the flow between them.

regards,

Vishal.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer

SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer is a component of the mySAP Supply Chain Management solution that you use for planning and optimizing supply chain processes at a strategic, tactical, and operational planning level.

- With APO - Simultaneous Material & Capacity Planning is possible, as against R/3 PP

- APO Planning is capable of taking all the constraints into consideration with Planning for Capacities/Scheduling

- APO Resource (workcenter in R/3) does a Capacity availability check before scheduling an activity, if capacity is not available, it finds the immediate next available slot & schedules the activity there. This is not possible with R/3

SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO) offers a fully integrated pallet of functions that you use to plan and execute your supply chain processes. SAP APO supports the following:

u2022 Business collaboration on a strategic, tactical, and operational planning level

u2022 Co-operation between partners at all stages of the supply chain process; from order receipt, stock monitoring, through final shipping of the product

u2022 Cultivation of customer and business partner relationships

u2022 Constant optimization and evaluation of the supply chain networku2019s efficiency

SAP Strategic Enterprise Management

SAP Strategic Enterprise Management (SAP SEM) delivers end-to-end ERP software capabilities to support the entire performance management life cycle, including:

u2022 Consolidated financial reporting u2013 With SAP SEM, you can generate consolidated financial and managerial reports for a globally distributed business or entity. The application can aggregate financial data from SAP and non-SAP systems into a single analytical reporting environment, enabling you to monitor the financial performance of individual subunits.

u2022 Planning, budgeting, and forecasting u2013 SAP SEM helps enables you to model various planning options and use preconfigured planning software to get a quick start on operational planning tasks such as cost center planning and sales planning. The application supports traditional budgeting and rolling forecasts as well as collaborative planning.

u2022 Corporate performance management and scorecards u2013 With SAP SEM, you can develop KPIs that support a number of popular scorecard methodologies, including balanced scorecard, economic value-added, and activity-based costing methods. You can link operational and strategic plans and develop scorecards and performance measures based on financial and nonfinancial data.

u2022 Risk management u2013 SAP SEM helps you identify, quantify, and analyze business risks within individual business units and manage risk-reducing activities.

I hope it gives clear cut idea for your question.

Regards

Suresh B.G.