Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Update Rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the following problem:

We read with a sql Query all file paths of our .trx files. The we load them with an xml Loader and search in the files for our self created action-block element.

But there is one problem, we do not get all occurrences, for some self created action-block elements the method works, for some not, looks for me like arbitrariness.

It might have to do something with the update rate of the Orace Database.

Does anyone know if MII writes directly to the db or uses some kind of cache?

I would be thankful for any knowledge reports.

Best Regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The trx objects live in the database and are not cached to disk. If you are seeing mixed results in your query approach then perhaps for a sanity check you might want to export the project archive and unzip it to a folder on your PC, after which you could use Windows Explorer to do text searches on the *.trx files.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was the XPath parameter mapping. We solved it with a local var that is assigned to the Repeater Input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a hunch, but searching xml for strings isn't always reliable. I think this is due to the massive amount of esape type characters used by xml. Also, the visibility of nodes can be affected by the xml parser used (if you are searching this way) and can cause issues as well. Have you dumped the files and compared the found files with the not found containing the action? Do the sets change each run?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input.

We have already exported the project and checked the files, everything is as it should be.

I'm afraid the problem is with our XPath statements. I haven't found it yet.

Best regards,

Robert