Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration steps needed from Security side for BW3.5 to BI 7.0

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our company they have installed BI 7.0 and now we need to do migration from BW 3.5.

So from the Security side what all the steps we have to perform for migrating the users and authorizations to BI7.0.

Please help me out with some solutions <removed_by_moderator>

Thanks in advance

Padmaja.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 25, 2008 8:05 AM

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Some one please tell me where we need to run the program " RSEC_MIGRATION" whether in BW system or in the BI system.

Also before that do we need make a client copy of the BW production system.

After the users and the respective authorizations are migrated does they get migrated into new authorizations or we need modify any.

Some one Please give me some inputs.

Thanks

Padmaja.

0 Kudos

you should run RSEC_MIGRATION in the upgraded system, it will not be available in the old 3.x environment.

for a step by step guide, you can search for the following docs:

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI upgrade specifics.pdf

Expert guide to SAP BI Security Features.pdf

this will tell you what to keep in mind while upgrading to BI7.x

good luck!

dimitri

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.can you please let me know where can i find these documents.

0 Kudos

Yeah got it.Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Starting from BI7.0, it uses analysis authorization concept. Its diffrent from standard SAP authorization concept.

But still you have option to use old SAP auth. concept as of BW3.5 (RSSM t-code) or its recommeded to use Analysis authorization (RSECADMIN t-code)

If you decided to go with analysis autho. concept, you have to create RSECADMIn roles & you have to link it with PFCG role via S_RS_AUTH authorization object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See above "edit" for my input, and please read [the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement].

Welcome to SDN,

Julius