cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 'email' a dirty word now?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When trying to reply to [this post|;, I got a message that my reply contains "forbidden words" and I need to check the forum guidelines [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement].

As you might notice, there is no "Forbidden words" section and no indication of what particular words are unwelcome. Fortunately, one of the comments clued me in that the offending word was "email". So my questions are:

1. Can't it be made slightly less confusing? If there are some "forbidden words", how are we supposed to figure them out?

2. If I have a technical question about sending emails from SAP via a function module, for example, how am I supposed to ask it now? Use some kind of a "code" - "send a communication we not to speak of"?

I'm all for enforcing the rules, but I think this hurts the law-obeying users more than anyone else.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena wrote: "I'm all for enforcing the rules, but I think this hurts the law-obeying users more than anyone else."

Sadly, I can't fully agree, although my softer nature would like to. With the recent spate of gaming and misuse we were left with little choice but to have zero tolerance for certain unacceptable behaviors. And unfortunately these were not rare or isolated cases.

It sounds a little like a war where innocent people get into the cross-fire. We have tried conscientious objecting (non-invasive means of dealing) and gentler ways (I've been a big fan of education and conversation). To date these have had less effect than the all out declared war method. Would this weren't so. Only community behavior can turn this around. It's in the hands of the "good guys" and reformed "less good guys" to return to normalcy.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had this problem when the filters were first introduced but that got fixed quite quickly. If it's back then I also suggest it be dropped from the filter list as email is a technology I work with daily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even sometime we come across to a siuation where we have to provide the email IDs related to SAP helpdesk or related one. While replying to a thread I tried putting the sapteched helpdesk email where from user can get their query answered as this was all related to certification list, but the same problem that email can not be put in the reply.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member125661
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with this. I had the same issue when I was trying to type this forbidden word while replying to one of your posts. Finally figured out this word..ended up typing Em@il

Learnt a couple of things about message control and also to how to say thank you in Serbia..Hvala Lepa !